This policy applies to Molonglo Smiles PTY LTD trading as Evolving Smiles ABN 83 627 362 154.
Reference will only be made to Evolving Smiles (ES) throughout this document. This policy discloses the how we collect, utilise and disseminate your personal information. Our staff is trained to respect your privacy through standards, policies and procedures.
OUR PRIVACY OBLIGATIONS
- The Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) including the National Privacy Principles (NPPs);
- Healthcare Identifiers Act 2010 (Cth); and
- Relevant State and Territory privacy laws.
PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTION
- At Evolving Smiles we collect information directly from patients, carers or guardians. This is collected through administrative forms, over the telephone/counter or on our website and includes, but is not limited to:
- Your name, date of birth, sex;
- Your address, contact details (best contact number and email address);
- Private health cover
- Your medical health record including prescribed, over the counter medicines and natural remedies
- Your dental health record
- Payment/transaction information. We do not keep credit card information
- Appointment information to schedule an appointment or consultation using our online appointment services
- Job search related information for recruitment purposes.
- In certain cases we collect your personal information from third parties. For example, we may collect information about your health and treatment from other health care professionals such as specialists or general medical practitioners.
- Please provide us current and accurate information so that we can safely provide our services to you.
USE OF PSEUDONYMS
You can deal with us anonymously with a pseudonym where it is lawful and practicable to do so. We do need to be able to uniquely identify your dental records so YOU would be required to remember YOUR OWN pseudonym details.
HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION UTILISED AND DISSEMINATED
- Main purpose: We utilise and disseminate your personal information for purposes including
- To provide dental services to you or your family;
- Other purposes which you have consented to.
- Secondary Purposes: Evolving Smiles may also use and disclose personal information for the following secondary purposes;
- Responding to issues addressed by you to Evolving Smiles,
- Conduction of business transactions and operations between Evolving Smiles and you;
- To process payments and to send you emails, invoices, receipts, notices of delinquency,
- To send you important notices, such as communications about changes to your account, and our sites’ and services’ terms, conditions, or policies,
- To contact you via email, telephone, text or chat in a manner required by law,
- To send you reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, support and administrative messages, and service bulletins,
- To provide a newsletter service to you and to inform you about new products or promotional offers, or other opportunities which we feel may be of interest to you,
- Internal accounting and administration;
- Where required or authorised by law, to investigate and resolve complaints concerning the provision of services by the Dental Practice or others associated with the Dental Practice;
- Billing DVA, Medicare or your private health insurer;
- The communication of personal information to service providers eg dental specialists or technicians with which Evolving Smiles has co-operative arrangements
- Third party suppliers may be engaged to perform functions for us from time to time, for example information technology, telecommunications suppliers, practice management software, web hosting and dental prosthesis suppliers. Any access to your information will occur in the performance of their contractual obligations to us and not for other usage.
- We will only release Personally Identifiable or Personal Health Information to third parties:
- to comply with valid legal requirements such as a law, regulation, search warrant, subpoena or court order.
- in special cases, such as a physical threat to you or others. In the event that we are legally compelled to disclose your Personally Identifiable or Personal Health Information to a third party, we will attempt to notify you unless doing so would violate the law or court order.
You may notify the practice at anytime if you do not wish to receive our newsletters or unsubscribe from the newsletter service on receipt of the email.
Evolving Smiles will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information it collects, uses or discloses is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
SECURITY OF THE DATA WE COLLECT
❖ Evolving Smiles takes all reasonable steps to protect all information held by the surgery (including your personal information) from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
❖ We use technologies and processes such as access control procedures, network firewalls, encryption and physical security to protect your privacy.
ACCESS AND CORRECTION
❖ You may request access to the information held about you by at any time.
❖ Evolving Smiles may deny access to information in certain circumstances as permitted by law.
❖ Personal information provided by you can be updated by you if the information previously provided is
incorrect or out of date.
If you have any concerns about your privacy, please do not hesitate to contact the staff, your dental practitioner or the practice principal at any time.
Our contact number is: 0261099440. Or send us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Upon visiting our web site (https://evolvingsmiles.com.au) you may provide two types of information: personal information you knowingly choose to disclose that is collected on an individual basis and Web site use information collected on an aggregate basis as you and others browse our Web site. This is typically what happens as you browse websites and ours is by no means out of the ordinary. We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy on our web site. This policy statement explains how we collect information and how we use it.
In general we do not collect personal identifying information about you when you visit our site. Unless you choose to provide information to us you can visit our site without telling us who you are or revealing other personal identifying information. The information we receive depends upon what you do when visiting our site.
PERSONAL INFORMATION YOU CHOOSE TO PROVIDE
❖ Registration Information
When you register for any of our products, services or newsletters you will provide us information about yourself. Such information may consist of your Name, Email address and your best contact number.
❖ Email Information
Should you choose to correspond with us through email, we may retain the content of your email messages together with your email address and our responses. We provide the same protections for these electronic communications that we employ in the maintenance of information received by mail and telephone as standard practice.
WEB SITE USE INFORMATION
❖ Disabling Cookies
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of this site. Therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
❖ Third Party Cookies
For more information on how Google uses your data, visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/
Hopefully, that has clarified things for you and as was previously mentioned if there is something that you aren’t sure whether you need or not it’s usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case it does interact with one of the features you use on our site. However, if you are still looking for more information then you can contact us through one of our preferred contact methods.
DO YOU CONSENT?
CHILDREN’S AND MINOR’S PRIVACY
Our sites and services are intended for general audiences and are not targeted to children under 18. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 18. If you are under 18, please do not disclose or provide any information. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under 18, we will take steps to promptly delete the information. Should this policy change, we would comply with the Australian Privacy Principle, which requires us to notify and obtain consent from a parent or guardian before we collect, use and disclose the personal information of children who are under 18 years of age.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES OR SERVICES
We may also provide social media features on our sites and services that enable you to share personal information with your social network(s) and to interact with our sites and services. Depending on the features, your use of these features may result in the collection or sharing of personal information about you. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and settings on the social media site(s) with which you interact.